Vincent’s practice focuses on banking, employment and shareholder disputes as well as investigations.
He has substantial experience in acting for banking & financial institutions, investors (institutional as well as individuals), major corporates, and regulators on complex contentious matters. He also regularly advises clients on financial regulatory and risk management issues.
Vincent is consistently recognised for his expertise in the areas of dispute resolution, and labour and employment by leading legal publications.
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific recommends him as a “Leading Individual” and describes Vincent as “one of the market leaders”, “a name to note”, “very experienced in dispute resolution in the financial sector”, “responsive and reliable”, “highly experienced”, providing “robust, thorough and sound advice”, and “impresses with the quality of his work”.
Similarly, he is described in Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific as “building a reputation for [his] work in the commercial and transactions space” and “highly commercial and provides very good service”.
He has published various articles in law journals as well as contributed chapters for numerous leading practitioner texts, including:
- Singapore Civil Procedure 2020;
- International Comparative Legal Guide to Financial Services Disputes, 1st Edition, 2019;
- International Securities Litigation Review, 5th Edition, 2019;
- International Investigations Review, 9th Edition, 2019;
- Halsbury’s Laws of Singapore – Volumes 4 (Civil Procedure 2016) and 8 (Criminal Law 2008); and
- Bullen & Leake & Jacob’s Singapore Precedents of Pleadings (2016)
He has also jointly authored various law reform reports commissioned by the Law Reform Committee of the Singapore Academy of Law.
Vincent is on the faculty of the Singapore Institute of Directors (since 2015) and is an advocacy trainer and facilitator at the Singapore Institute of Legal Education (since 2004). He was previously an adjunct faculty member of the School of Law of the Singapore Management University (2011 – 2017) and an adjunct faculty member of the Faculty of Law of the National University of Singapore (2004 – 2013).
He serves as an independent director on the boards of Advancer Global Limited, UG Healthcare Corporation Limited, and Heartware Network, and he sits on the Board of Governors of Hometeam NS.
Vincent graduated from the National University of Singapore with First Class Honours and received various academic prizes. He was awarded the Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship to complete his masters at Harvard Law School. Before joining Allen & Gledhill, he clerked for the Chief Justice of Singapore.
- Acted for Singapore’s central bank and financial regulator, the Monetary Authority of Singapore, on trial and appeal in an action for unauthorised trading which is a breach of the Securities and Futures Act. The appeal judgment is viewed as a landmark judgment on quantum of civil penalty.
- Acted for a major corporate in a dispute against its former employees arising from various breaches of their fiduciary duties, post-employment contractual covenants and confidentiality obligations.
- Acted for a major international bank in responding to a complex multi-jurisdictional investigation taken by various regulators.