Hsiu-Hau is the Managing Partner of Allen & Gledhill (Vietnam). He specialises in mergers and acquisitions (both by way of acquisition of shares and acquisition of businesses), joint ventures and private equity transactions, in Singapore as well as in the South-east Asian region, particularly in Vietnam and Myanmar. He spent a year in Vietnam in 2008 and was based in Myanmar for four years prior to taking up his role in Vietnam.
Hsiu-Hau is concurrently a Partner of Allen & Gledhill and a Director of Allen & Gledhill (Myanmar). He also heads up the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice at the Myanmar office. Hsiu-Hau has extensive experience advising on cross-border transactions, especially on transactions involving the emerging markets in the region, and is familiar with the legal and practical issues parties encounter when dealing in such markets.
Hsiu-Hau graduated from the National University of Singapore with an LL.B. (Hons) degree. He joined Allen & Gledhill in 2001 and has been a partner since 2007. Hsiu-Hau is proficient in Mandarin and frequently advises transactions involving Chinese parties. Clients whom Hsiu-Hau has advised include major corporates, sovereign funds, investment banks and private equity houses.
- Advised Great Eastern Life Assurance on its sale of Great Eastern Life (Vietnam) to FWD Life Insurance.
- Advised Keppel Land on its sale of Quang Ba Royal Park Joint Venture Company to BRG Group Joint Stock Company.
- Advised Franklin Templeton on its investment in In Do Trans Logistics Corporation.
- Advised Sime Darby Motors on its US$37 million acquisition of a car distribution business in Vietnam.
- Advised Keppel Land on its joint venture with Toshin Development in relation to Saigon Centre.