Managing Partner, Allen & Gledhill (Vietnam)
Hsiu-Hau is the Managing Partner of Allen & Gledhill (Vietnam). He specialises in mergers and acquisitions (both by way of acquisition of shares and acquisition of businesses), joint ventures and private equity transactions, in Singapore as well as in the South-east Asian region, particularly in Vietnam and Myanmar. He spent a year in Vietnam in 2008 and was based in Myanmar for four years prior to taking up his role in Vietnam.
Hsiu-Hau is concurrently a Partner of Allen & Gledhill and a Director of Allen & Gledhill (Myanmar). He also heads up the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice at the Myanmar office. Hsiu-Hau has extensive experience advising on cross-border transactions, especially on transactions involving the emerging markets in the region, and is familiar with the legal and practical issues parties encounter when dealing in such markets.
Hsiu-Hau graduated from the National University of Singapore with an LL.B. (Hons) degree. He joined Allen & Gledhill in 2001 and has been a partner since 2007. Hsiu-Hau is proficient in Mandarin and frequently advises transactions involving Chinese parties. Clients whom Hsiu-Hau has advised include major corporates, sovereign funds, investment banks and private equity houses.
- Advised Leader Energy Pte. Ltd. on its US$43.6 million investment in three solar projects with a total capacity of 330 MW in Binh Dinh Province, Vietnam.
- Advised Singapore Power Group on its purchase of 100 per cent. of the shares in two project companies which operate two solar farms in Phu Yen Province, Vietnam with a total capacity of 100 MWp.
- Advised Sembcorp Utilities on its business collaboration with BCG Energy to jointly develop renewable projects in Vietnam.
- Advised Manulife Investment Management in its partnership with LOGOS Vietnam Logistics Venture to acquire an 11-hectare, build-to-suit logistics asset situated in Dong Nai Province.
- Advised Leader Energy Ventures Sdn. Bhd in its acquisition of 100 per cent. of the shares in Vinh Hao 6 Power Joint Stock Company, which operates a 50 MW Vinh Hao 6 Solar Power Plant in Binh Thuan Province, Vietnam from ACWA Power Vietnam Renewables Pte. Ltd., FECON Power Joint Stock Company and FECON Corporation.
- Advised Singapore Power Group in its rooftop solar power joint venture with Bamboo Capital Group in Vietnam, which has an initial target of 500 MW of rooftop projects by 2025.
- Advised Keppel Land on its joint venture with Toshin Development in relation to Saigon Centre.
- Advised Manulife Investment Management on its investment into GLP Vietnam Development Partners I, a fund with an investment capacity of US$1.1 billion focusing on logistics facilities in Greater Hanoi and Greater Ho Chi Minh City.
- Advised the founding shareholders and Tempel Four Limited, a subsidiary of VinaCapital Vietnam Opportunity Fund (VOF) in the sale of their entire shares to IVL through a public tender offer, constituting 91.6 per cent. of the total shares in the Company.
- Advised Great Eastern Life Assurance on its sale of Great Eastern Life (Vietnam) to FWD Life Insurance.
- Advised Keppel Land on its sale of Quang Ba Royal Park Joint Venture Company to BRG Group Joint Stock Company.
- Advised Franklin Templeton on its investment in In Do Trans Logistics Corporation.
- Advised Sime Darby Motors on its US$37 million acquisition of a car distribution business in Vietnam.
• Advised Keppel Land on its joint venture with Toshin Development in relation to Saigon Centre.