Jonathan’s practice encompasses investment funds and capital markets with a focus on private funds, REITs and business trusts.
He advises fund managers, financial institutions, property developers and family offices on the structuring and establishment of private funds, and on their fund-raisings, closings and secondary transactions. He also advises corporates and financial institutions on their investments into private funds.
In addition, he has worked on many initial public offerings of REITs and business trusts, as well as their subsequent acquisitions/disposals and fund-raisings by way of secondary offerings, structured finance and convertible/perpetual securities offerings.
He also regularly advises on the regulatory and compliance matters for investment funds, REITs and business trusts.
Jonathan joined the Firm after being called to the Singapore Bar in 2011 and has been a Partner since 2017.
- Acted as transaction counsel in the establishment of Mapletree Global Student Accommodation Private Trust, a private fund which holds 35 student accommodation assets in the United Kingdom and the United States, valued at about US$1.3 billion, and which raised US$535 million of equity.
- Acted as fund counsel to Novo Tellus Capital Partners in the closing of Novo Tellus PE Fund 2, L.P. which raised capital commitments of US$250 million and is focused on the industrial and technology sectors in South-east Asia.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to GLP in the establishment of GLP Japan Development Partners IV, its flagship Japan logistics development fund, which raised capital commitments of approximately US$3.7 billion.
- Acted as transaction counsel in the IPO and listing on the Singapore Exchange of Novo Tellus Alpha Acquisition, one of the first special purpose acquisition companies listed on the Singapore Exchange.
- Acted as transaction counsel in the IPO and listing on the Singapore Exchange of Manulife US REIT, the first pure-play U.S. office REIT to be listed in Asia.