ACRA launches online variable capital company registration and filing portal
4 February 2021
On 1 February 2021, the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (“ACRA”) announced the launch of the new online variable capital company (“VCC”) registration and filing portal, available at www.vcc.bizfile.gov.sg.
Available online transactions
The following online transactions are available on the portal:
1. Application for VCC Name
2. Application for Incorporation of VCC
3. Registration of Sub-fund
4. Change in VCC Information (e.g. changes in VCC/Sub-fund name, VCC type, registered office address, office hours, address where register of members and index is kept or user-described activity description, or alteration of constitution under section 20(5) of the Variable Capital Companies Act 2018)
5. Registration of Charge
6. General Lodgement (e.g. for change of VCC officers)
Purchase of VCC information and certificates
7. Business Profile (VCC)
8. Extract (VCC)
9. Certificate Confirming Incorporation of VCC
10. Certificate Confirming Registration by Transfer of VCC
For items 7 to 10, ACRA advises users to note the following:
- Upon successful incorporation, a free business profile will automatically be e-mailed via the VCC system to the applicant.
- Business profiles will not display alternate director position (if any) for the time being. If required, users may purchase such information here.
- For VCCs which were successfully redomiciled (transfer of registration) after 1 February 2021, users may check information purchase availability here.
The VCC portal also includes a directory search function for users to search for registered VCCs or their sub-funds.
ACRA advises that more online transactions will be released progressively in the coming months.
Here are the ACRA FAQs for enquiries relating to VCCs.
The following materials are available on the ACRA website www.acra.gov.sg: