Key trends for 2023 by Allen & Gledhill Managing Partner Jerry Koh
30 January 2023
The year 2022 presented an unprecedented combination of Covid-19, an energy crisis, geopolitical tensions and steep inflationary pressures. Although the macroeconomic outlook remains clouded, fortunately, Singapore is well-placed to weather the economic headwinds, given its position as a leading and politically neutral financial hub in the region. Still, Singapore’s agility and resolve will be vital in ensuring that the country continues to seize new opportunities and stay resilient amid uncertainties in the financial landscape.
This article by Allen & Gledhill Managing Partner Jerry Koh highlights 10 trends which he believes will shape 2023:
- The world growing further apart
- Cloudy economic outlook
- An uphill struggle for capital markets
- S-REITs weathering the headwinds
- Opportunities and challenges in the real estate sector
- When digitalisation becomes embedded in the economy
- Health is wealth
- Energy crisis hitting home
- Sustainability in the spotlight
- Renewed focus on corporate governance
To read the article, please click here.