Xeauwei is a Partner at Allen & Gledhill. Her area of expertise encompasses corporate litigation and international arbitration.
She has substantial experience handling banking disputes, shareholders’ disputes, trust and property disputes and commodities disputes. She is effectively bilingual in English and Chinese and has rendered expert opinions for proceedings in England and the People’s Republic of China.
Xeauwei is consistently recognised for her work in top legal publications such as The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and is cited to be someone that "thinks 10 steps ahead" and "brings her A-game - all the time". Xeauwei and her team have also been lauded for their “quick response” and ability to provide “strategic and practical solutions to clients even before the clients request it”.
She graduated from the National University of Singapore with an LL.B. (Hons) degree and passed the Singapore Bar examinations ranked as the top 10 individuals of her year’s cohort.
- Acted for and advised various international and local banks in various banking disputes, including enforcement proceedings against assets, trade finance disputes and defending mis-selling claims by customers
- Acted for and advised beneficiaries in relation to claims between family members as regards validity and scope of the patriarch’s wills
- Acted for and advised professional administrators in relation to administration of the estate of a prominent businessman and claims arising out thereof
- Acted for and advised corporations in relation to investment or joint venture agreements, breaches of directors’ duties and employment issues
- Acted for and advised shareholders on share buy-outs, minority oppression actions, derivative actions and just and equitable winding up proceedings
- Acted for the trading arms of commodities firms in SIAC and ICC arbitrations in relation to sale and purchase of commodities, including iron ore and coal
- Acted for and advised international banks in relation to claims concerning trust structures advised by them and/or set up with their affiliates
- Acted for and advised business trusts in relation to restructuring of trust