Fay’s areas of practice encompass international arbitration, litigation and corporate restructuring and insolvency. She represents clients in a wide range of disputes including contractual claims, building and construction, landlord and tenancy disputes, banking, credit and security, fraud, employment, breach of directors’ duties, negligence and defamation. She also advises on estate and trust matters.
Fay’s key clients include international as well as local banking and financial institutions, private and public listed multinational corporations.
Fay has been cited as a Notable Practitioner in IFLR1000 in restructuring and insolvency and is praised by clients in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific as having “excellent strategic sense while fully abreast of the details”.
Fay graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2008 with an LL.B. (Hons) degree and was called to the Singapore Bar in 2009.
- Acted for the Agent and Syndicate Lenders to PT Berlian Laju Tanker Tbk under a secured, guaranteed US$685 million facility in respect of the successful cross-border restructuring of US$2.4 billion of PT Berlian Laju Tanker Tbk’s liabilities involving the Singapore Schemes of Arrangement, US Chapter 15 proceedings, and Indonesian PKPU proceedings.
- Acted for the informal steering committee comprising the 10 major creditors holding US$1.34 billion of debt on the successful restructuring of Pacific International Lines. This matter involved restructuring of a very substantial amount of debt and assets, which included a large fleet of vessels and containers across multiple jurisdictions and took place against the challenges of COVID-19 and the uncertain outlook for the container shipping industry.
- Acted for Development Bank of Singapore in relation to the Hyflux Group’s S$2.8 billion potential restructuring. The proposed restructuring potentially involves the whole range of features under the recently enacted Companies Act provisions for schemes of arrangement, including extra-territorial moratoriums and super-priority rescue financing.
- Acted for SembCorp on the restructuring and obtaining of injunctive relief on aspects of the Hin Leong Trading Pte Ltd, Ocean Tankers (Pte.) Ltd, Xihe Holdings Pte Ltd and Universal Terminal entities. This matter also involves restructuring and insolvency, financing and security arrangements interpleader proceedings to determine competing title claims over cargoes in various jurisdictions and letter of credit disputes.
- Acted for liquidators in various clawback actions in the Singapore High Court against former directors and shareholders of the company.
- Acted for a Taiwanese insurance company in arbitration proceedings in Taiwan and related court litigation in Singapore to recover over US$190 million of assets that were misappropriated as part of a massive fraud that was perpetuated by the company’s directors.
- Acted for a statutory body in court proceedings in respect of a dispute over the construction of a testamentary instrument.