IPOS moves to new IP2SG website address and launches IP2SG APIs for trade mark application, renewal and management
25 February 2021
From 1 February 2021, the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (“IPOS”) has moved its e-services portal (“IP2SG”) to a new website https://ip2sg.ipos.gov.sg as part of the Whole-of-Government initiative to ensure data security. The change to a “.gov.sg” domain in the URL will help to lessen public confusion and identify the IPOS website as a legitimate government digital service.
For trade mark registration, IPOS has launched a set of application programming interfaces (“APIs”) on 1 February 2021 with functionalities such as the following:
- Filing an application for trade mark registration
- Filing a renewal for a trade mark registration
- Retrieving the latest list of goods and services for trade mark application purposes
- Retrieving correspondences in a user’s inbox
- Searching for intellectual property (“IP”) details using the trade mark number
The new set of APIs will allow third parties to integrate key features from IP2SG into their own software solutions. To access the APIs, a CorpPass IP2SG account with administrative rights and GIRO payment enabled is required. IPOS has provided the following link for customers to request access to the APIs: https://ip2sg.ipos.gov.sg/RPS/WC/API/APITokenRequest.aspx.
The developments mentioned above are set out in the following circulars dated 1 February 2021 on the IPOS website www.ipos.gov.sg:
- Circular No. 1/2021: New IP2SG website address (Registry of Patents)
- Circular No. 1/2021: New IP2SG website address; Launch of IP2SG Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) for Trade Mark Application, Renewal and Management (Registry of Trade Marks)
- Circular No. 1/2021: New IP2SG website address (Registry of Registered Designs)
- Circular No. 1/2021: New IP2SG website address (Registry of Geographical Indications)
- Circular No. 1/2021: New IP2SG website address (Registry of Plant Varieties Protection)