Shalene’s area of practice encompasses an extensive range of real estate transactions, involving acquisition and disposal of real estate, property joint ventures, indirect investments in real estate through corporate acquisition and divestment, cross border real estate transactions, leasing and joint development arrangements.
She has considerable experience advising and acting for both buyers and sellers in acquisition and divestment of real estate by way of asset deal or share deal transactions, advising and negotiating property joint venture agreements, acting for both landlords and tenants in major lease agreements, and acting as transaction counsel to advise and project manage regional cross-border transactions with local real estate lawyers.
Shalene has dealt with an extensive range of commercial, industrial and residential real estate assets in Singapore, Indonesia and PRC, including offices, logistics facilities, warehouses, hotels, shopping malls, mixed use developments, data centres and medical centres.
Shalene is ranked as an “up and coming” partner by Chambers and Partners and is recognised as a “notable practitioner” in IFLR1000.
She joined Allen & Gledhill LLP in 2008 after she was called to the Singapore Bar and has been a Partner since 2015.
- Advised Mercatus Strategic Investment Management LLP, as investment manager to NTUC Income Co-operative, in the sale by NTUC Income Co-operative of its interest in Income@Raffles (16 Collyer Quay) (“Property”), by way of a sale of shares in Property holding company Savu Investments Pte. Ltd.
- Acted for Allianz Real Estate Pacific Pte. Ltd. (as purchaser) in (i) the acquisition by a fund managed by Allianz of 50% of OUE Bayfront, OUE Tower and OUE Link (collectively, the “Property”), (ii) their joint venture through a limited liability partnership (“LLP”) owned equally by OUE C-REIT and a fund managed by Allianz, and the acquisition was based on an agreed property value of S$1.27 billion.
- Acted for a fund managed by a global real estate firm in the divestment of a modern Grade-A 5-storey ramp-up logistics distribution centre in Singapore.
- Acted for CDL Hospitality REIT on the structuring and documentation for the forward purchase by CDL Hospitality REIT of a new hotel to be developed on the former Liang Court site, through purchase of units in a special purpose trust which would develop the hotel component.
- Acted in the joint venture transaction between Keppel entities and Singapore Press Holdings in respect of their joint venture to develop and operate one of the largest data centre facility in Singapore.
- Acted for the seller in its indirect divestment of a 100,000 square metre industrial warehouse property located in PRC through sale of shares of its offshore investment holding company.