Kah Yan’s areas of expertise span REITS, special facilities projects, acquisitions, divestments and anchor leasing.
She has a broad range of experience in corporate real estate work in relation to the establishment of real estate investment trusts, direct and indirect acquisitions and divestments of real estate, anchor leasing, projects involving specialised facilities, real estate project financing, banking and mortgage finance, development and sale of residential and commercial projects.
She has advised real estate investment trusts, private equity property funds, private and public companies, private trusts, multinational corporations, government agencies, government-linked corporations, statutory bodies, registered societies and developers.
Kah Yan graduated from the National University of Singapore with an LL.B. (Hons) degree and was called to the Singapore Bar in 1990 when she joined Allen & Gledhill.
- Advised an entity within the Cycle & Carriage Singapore group, on its S$333 million divestment of a portfolio of four industrial properties (including the Mercedes-Benz Centre which was said to be the first facility of its kind outside Europe) and leaseback of the properties.
- Advised the manager of Frasers Commercial Trust on the S$810.8 million divestment by Frasers Commercial Trust of Cross Street Exchange, a centrally located mixed-use development in downtown Singapore.
- Advised the manager of Keppel REIT on the S$547.5 million divestment of Bugis Junction Tower, a 15-storey grade A office building which forms part of the Bugis Village mixed-use commercial strata scheme development.
- Advised a fund managed by Savills Fund Management GmbH on the S$530.8 million divestment of 77 Robinson Road, a 35-storey grade A office tower in the central business district.
- Advised on the acquisition of the Singapore properties of the initial portfolio of Frasers Hospitality Trust, the first global hotel and serviced residence trust to be listed in Singapore, for its initial public offering.