MOM updates advisory on requirements for safe management measures at the workplace
29 September 2022
On 29 August 2022, the tripartite partners (the Ministry of Manpower (“MOM”), Singapore National Employers Federation, and National Trades Union Congress) updated the advisory on workplace safe management measures to mitigate the risk of Covid-19 transmission at general workplace settings (“Advisory”) and Annex B of the Advisory which sets out a checklist of safe management measures at the workplace for resumption of business activities.
The updates include the following:
- Mask wearing is optional for all workplaces except for healthcare facilities, residential care homes and public transport. For employees (and contractors and vendors) who are physically onsite at the workplace in these settings, mask wearing is required indoors except when (i) not interacting in person with another individual present in that area, and (ii) not in customer-facing areas where interaction is likely to happen. Everyone is advised to exercise social responsibility by masking up when in crowded places or when in contact with vulnerable groups.
- Employers should maintain a system to implement the safe management measures outlined in the Advisory in a sustainable manner so as to provide a safe working environment. This includes the following:
- Assess and identify the risks of transmission of Covid-19 that may arise in the workplace, and mitigate it.
- A detailed monitoring plan to ensure compliance with safe management measures and timely resolution of outstanding issues.
- Communicate and explain measures to employees so as to reduce misunderstanding especially in measures related to working from home.
More information on the premises where mask wearing is required is available on the Ministry of Health Covid-19 Phase Advisory webpage.
The following materials are available on the MOM website www.mom.gov.sg: