Tran Ngoc Hoang Phuong
Phuong is a Partner at Allen & Gledhill (Vietnam). With over 14 years of experience in cross-border and domestic transactions, his areas of practice includes banking and finance, capital markets, corporate and commercial, and mergers and acquisitions. He is also active in international arbitrations.
Phuong has experience in a wide range of corporate matters including structural advice, due diligence, negotiation, documentation and regulatory advice in a broad range of sectors including real estate, securities, pharmaceutical, education, power and energy, mining, port, insurance and F&B.
Phuong’s capital markets experience encompasses domestic and international bond issuances. In finance, he has been involved with bank financings including syndicated loans and convertible loans.
Phuong has also been recognised by asialaw as a Rising Star for Corporate and M&A.
Prior to joining our Firm, Phuong was a Partner in the Singapore office of a Vietnamese law firm. Phuong graduated from the Ho Chi Minh City University of Law in 2007 and obtained a Master of Laws from TLBU Graduate School of Law, South Korea in 2010. He was called to the Ho Chi Minh City Bar in 2015.
- Advised a Dallas-based industrial growth company in purchasing a California-based heating, ventilation and air conditioning manufacturer and supplier, that has five distribution locations throughout the U.S. and a manufacturing center in Vietnam, in a deal valued at $360 million.
- Advised GIC in an US$850 million pre-IPO transaction in Vinhomes, a leading Vietnamese real estate developer.
- Advised international lenders on the first internationally project-financed port deal at amount of US$ 225 million in Vietnam.
- Advised international lenders on the financing of the US$9 billion Nghi Son Refinery, the largest refinery project and largest project financing in Vietnam to date.
- Advised the Vietnamese subsidiary of a Korean bank in the bid for, and the acquisition of, the retail business of a Vietnamese subsidiary of another global bank.
- Advised Keppel Land in the acquisition of a strategic stake in a US$ billion mega real estate development project in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Represented the Vietnamese shareholders of a Vietnamese pharmaceutical manufacturer against global pharmaceutical manufacture, listed on New York Stock Exchange, in an SIAC arbitration and related Vietnamese litigation arising from the dispute