Jonathan is a Partner in the Corporate & Commercial Department, and is a member of Allen and Gledhill’s Energy, Infrastructure & Projects Practice. He is also a Partner at Allen & Gledhill (Vietnam) LLC.
Jonathan regularly acts for global and local participants in the gas, energy, utilities and petrochemical sectors on matters relating to asset and business acquisitions and divestments, the supply of gas and other utilities and the provision of waste treatment and disposal services. Jonathan also has considerable experience in public private partnerships within the region, advising both governmental agencies as well as the concessionaires on various projects relating to district cooling systems, waste water treatment, desalination and incineration.
Jonathan regularly advises on a wide range of commercial arrangements and transactions, including employment matters, distribution and agency arrangements, the storage and warehousing of goods and other services arrangements.
- Acting for and advising New Yangon City Development in the “Swiss challenge” tender for Yangon’s New City first-stage infrastructure projects. A&G’s role included preparing, reviewing and negotiating the bid documentation including (i) the EPC contracts relating to bridges, power plants, power transmission and distribution facilities and fresh water supply and wastewater treatment plants; and (ii) the concession agreements for the fresh water and wastewater plants.
- Acting for and advising a mini-grid energy project developer on a potential business collaboration to develop various hydroelectric and solar power generation facilities in the Tanintharyi region.
- Acting for and advising a Myanmar brewery on the sale and purchase of brewery assets from a German packaging and bottling machine manufacturer, as well as the construction and commissioning of such assets by the manufacturer in Myanmar.
- Advising a bank on the proposed financing of a floating solar panel project in Singapore.
- Advising a hotel management company in Singapore on the provision of facility management services in relation to various community isolation facilities for COVID-19 patients.
- Advising SunEdison on various licensing requirements and commercial issues relating to the operation of solar panels in Singapore.
- Acting for and advising SCI on its bid to acquire the Tuaspring Desalination Plant and the Power Plant.
- Advising a property and infrastructure company on the application of the electricity bulk procurement schemes to a two-tier MCST structure.
- Advising SingSpring, the owner and operator of the SingSpring desalination plant, on various matters arising from the provision of water by SingSpring to PUB.
- Acting for and advising PUB on the formation of the Keppel Infrastructure Trust, and the subsequent combination of the Keppel Infrastructure Trust with the CitySpring Infrastructure Trust.
- Advising three oil majors on the proposed development of Singapore’s first shared residue upgrading facility, which will be owned and operated by the oil majors. A&G was appointed as joint counsel for all three majors, and was responsible for structuring the joint venture and preparing the negotiating the various project documents required to implement the project.
- Advising Changi Airport Fuel Hydrant Installation, the owner and operator of an aviation fuel tank storage facility on Changi International Airport, on various matters relating to the receipt, storage and supply of aviation fuel in Changi International Airport.
- Advising Engie Services Asia-Pacific on its bids to build, own and operate district cooling systems in the Punggol Digital District and the Jurong Innovation District.