Eugene is the Co-Head of Allen & Gledhill’s Cybersecurity & Data Protection Practice. His practice is focused on data protection, cybersecurity, technology and intellectual property-related transactions, agreements and advice.
Eugene’s clients include both established businesses as well as start-up companies. His experience encompasses matters related to outsourcing arrangements, IT systems development and procurement, software and content licensing and delivery (including Software-as-a-Service arrangements), FinTech, contractual collaborations and joint ventures, data centre arrangements, e-commerce, telecommunications, data protection, privacy and cybersecurity, contract manufacturing and research and development arrangements, gaming, Video-on-Demand, Over-the-Top and cloud / online services, media and events, hospitality and franchising, agency and distribution arrangements.
Eugene has been identified as a “Next Generation Partner” for TMT in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021 edition.
Proficient in written and spoken Mandarin, Eugene has also advised on Chinese transactions.
- Advised Lazada on the rollout and commercialization of their retail e-commerce platform.
- Advised SGX on the intellectual property / technology-related issues and documentation relating to its acquisition of a 93 per cent. stake in Scientific Beta Pte Ltd in 2020.
- Advised leading online service and content providers on Singapore law issues pertaining to the deployment of their product and services in Singapore via the internet, including the hosting of user-generated content, the provision of Video-on-Demand and Over-the-Top media services as well as Software-as-a-Service deployments.
- Advised various clients on intellectual property and technology-related issues and documentation relating to their planned mergers and acquisitions, contractual joint ventures and/or other collaboration arrangements.
- Advised start-up companies on the commercialisation of their intellectual property assets and technology platforms.