Partner (Foreign Law)
Ankit’s areas of practice cover international arbitration and cross-border dispute resolution in Asia with a focus on India-related disputes.
He has acted as counsel on several cases under the rules of major arbitral institutions, including SIAC, ICC, HKIAC and the LCIA. He also has considerable experience supervising, coordinating and managing complex commercial litigations in a wide number of countries in the Asia Pacific region.
Ankit is listed in the top 100 India-focused legal experts outside the country by India Business Law Journal. The Legal 500 Asia Pacific notes Ankit for his “very strong India credentials” and clients are “very impressed” with his subject matter expertise. Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific recognizes Ankit for his skills where clients describe him as having “great market knowledge”, “all-around grasp over international arbitration practice” and possessing “exceptional” client management skills.
Prior to joining Allen & Gledhill, Ankit was a lawyer in the Hong Kong office of an international law firm. From 2009 to 2012, Ankit was Head (South Asia) and Counsel at the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) where he supervised the administration of approximately 150 arbitrations.
Ankit served as the co-chair of the YSIAC committee from 2015 to 2018 formed under the auspices of the SIAC. He graduated from the National University of Singapore with an LL.M. in 2009 and the Panjab University, Chandigarh with an LL.B. (Hons) in 2004.
- Acted for a leading Asian securities and derivatives trading service provider against a major Asian stock exchange in their multi-billion dollar cross-border contractual dispute
- Advising an Indian listed digital technologies company on its US$50 Million dispute against a Chinese counterparty in respect of an optical fiber manufacturing facility in China
- Acted for a NASDAQ-listed multinational company and its overseas subsidiaries in multiple arbitrations against its Indian distributor
- Representing a Singapore subsidiary of Asia’s largest healthcare provider in two consolidated SIAC Arbitrations against a group of Indian companies and individuals in a shareholders’ dispute involving a S$100 million medical facility in India
- Representing a leading Asian satellite operator on its US$20 million SIAC arbitration against a Burmese media entertainment group
- Acted for a Japanese corporation on a joint venture dispute with its Indian partner in an SIAC arbitration and related actions in India