Andrew is the Co-Head of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Department. He has extensive experience in arbitration having been involved in several large international arbitrations centring on transport, infrastructure, information technology, industrial plants and construction projects. Andrew also has a broad litigation practice that encompasses a wide range of areas.
Andrew joined Allen & Gledhill’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution Department in 1992 and was made a Partner in 1998. He became the Co-Head of the Department in 2008. Andrew is also a Fellow of both the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators and Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb). He is an accredited assessor and lecturer in Arbitration courses run by the CIArb.
Andrew has been recommended for his expertise in litigation and international arbitration in Chambers Asia-Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, Who's Who Legal: Asset Recovery and Benchmark Asia-Pacific. In Chambers Asia-Pacific, it is reported that clients described as a “very seasoned lawyer” who is “always honest and upfront”. Andrew is also praised for his “sagacity and ability to keep things on an even keel”. In The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, Andrew is noted to be “a big name in the sector.”
- Acting for a government authority in an arbitration concerning a major infrastructure project including an underground/underwater tunnel with sums in excess of S$200 million in dispute.
- Acting for the employer in relation to two public inquiries which attracted headline media interest in Singapore. The first inquiry related to the collapse of a cut and cover tunnel in a major excavation. The second inquiry related to major incidents of disruption to the subway transport system.
- Acting for a statutory authority in litigation with one of the world’s largest IT services company in a dispute over a major software development project. The amount in dispute exceeded S$40 million.
- Acting for a multinational media company in an arbitration concerning the broadcast rights of major events where the amount in dispute exceeded US$80 million.
- Acting for the plant owner in an arbitration concerning an investment in a major chemical plant in Indonesia where the amount in dispute exceeded US$60 million.